On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 4:45 AM, wouterve <woutervanee...@avr.be> wrote:

> In the new hostfile, i placed only the information regarding the websocket
> AND changed the port to 8080 (forgot this before)
>
> <VirtualHost *:8080>
>  ServerName name

I'm not sure I see why you would want Apache to listen on port 8080, as
normally you would use Apache to proxy Tomcat over to a standard port,
ideally with SSL/TLS enabled. If Tomcat is already listening on port 8080
(presumably on all interfaces), Apache will not be able to do so. Are you
sure that you aren't actually connecting directly to Tomcat, and Apache is
simply failing to start up entirely?

 ProxyRequests on
>  <Proxy *=""/>
>          Order allow,deny
>          Allow from all
>  </Proxy>

This will result in Apache acting as a forward proxy, allowing external
users to leverage your server to connect via HTTP to other arbitrary web
servers. Is this intentional?

For SSL/TLS termination, the typical use case for using Apache or Nginx in
front of Guacamole, you would want a reverse proxy configuration, not a
forward proxy.

- Mike