I find it difficult to discuss M$ licensing and business practice without wanting to scream but, as far as I've been able to work out (after _many_ hours of research), if you want to run M$ Windows in a VM and access it remotely you can do this with:

- a VDA (Virtual Desktop Access) license

- Enterprise with SA 'software assurance'

I believe both of these require an annual fee (something that's an anathema to my clients, and me).

Trying to understand and explain this cr*p to clients is a nightmare. Quite reasonably one asked me just a couple of days ago 'why can't I just buy two normal licenses for the two remote machines I want to connect to my accounting package?'. Oh my! - that's all the poor guy wants to do, and the fact that it's _easy_ to do technically (either 2 x VM's or use the termiserv.dll to allow multiple connects [that M$ released]) , but is complicated to to hell and gone by M$ rapaciousness really makes me spit.

Grrrr [sound of deep breathing and counting to 1000].

Anyway, that's my read of it, but you'd really need to consult M$ to be sure. In practice I expect many just give up and either do it anyway, or find an alternative.

In the absence of a Linux application and with regard to the latter if anyone has any experience of 'TSPlus' (https://www.terminalserviceplus.com) or Graphon go-global (https://www.graphon.com/) I'd be pleased to hear from you - I'd still like to get this guy access to his package without having to interact with M$ and have it cost the earth, forever, and these two application publishing systems appear to offer a possible way forward....