First, please do not cross-post to multiple mailing lists - please pick one
list and use that.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 8:33 PM benchu yao <yaoben...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to redevelop guacamole.
>
> I want to modify the source code of guacamole-client so that the screen
> file name can contain information such as user name, history connection id,
> etc., not just a fixed file name.
>
> Can you tell me which part of the source code to modify.

There's not really an easy/straight-forward way to do this.  guacd is what
generates the recordings, and it is not aware of any of the user
authentication that happens on the Guacamole Client side.

That's not to say that it isn't possible - I'm thinking that you could
probably make some changes such that, when a connection is successfully
established by guacd, it could pass back the name of the recording file to
Guacamole Client, and Guacamole Client could, in turn, take that and store
that information somewhere.  I'm not sure if that's something we'd want to
add to the base code (would need further community feedback on that), but
certainly something you could try out on your own..