Dennis,

I understand your issue and what you're trying to do, but don't use either your hypervisor or VM OS so anything I say will be fairly generic.

That said, have you changed the hostname, ipaddress and - importantly - the MAC address on the second VM instance? If these were the same I guess it could cause a wierd issue.

As part of sorting it out perhaps you could spin up the second VM off the network and see what it does?

On 24/03/2020 8:52 a.m., Newman, Dennis wrote:

But actually what I was attempting to do was split the users between two servers – I had assumed that db named localhost – each server would only talk with itself. But with the two servers set up – If we change on one – it shows up on the other.

In my case esxi host 2 has more memory and processor resources, so I was planning on either splitting things and giving one system more resources, or just move the whole system. About 100 users virtual systems and this week we added about 50 users from home with connections to physical systems. And the virtual users are now complaining about more “bad connection” errors

My honest belief is that we have gone from supporting 5 offices to supporting 150 “mini” offices as everyone is working from home, which throws unknown internet quality into the mix. But I had figured moving the Guacamole system to a faster processor and giving it a little more memory “couldn’t hurt”

Dennis

*From:* Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
*Sent:* Monday, March 23, 2020 2:30 PM
*To:* user@guacamole.apache.org
*Subject:* Re: Cloning Guac VM

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020, 12:25 sciUser <shulb...@securitycentric.net <mailto:shulb...@securitycentric.net>> wrote:

    If you want to have two Guacamole head servers EntryA EntryB (load
    balanced)
    and have them write to a common database (G-DB), you will need to
    write some
    logic for EntryA and EntryB to know what is written in the
    database, which
    is a third system G-DB so you do not get duplicate entries and it
    is aware
    of active sessions.

Two Guacamole instances can safely share the same database. You do not need some third system or additional logic to prevent duplicates.

The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, and may be a confidential attorney-client communication or may otherwise be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. S&P Global Inc. reserves the right, subject to applicable local law, to monitor, review and process the content of any electronic message or information sent to or from S&P Global Inc. e-mail addresses without informing the sender or recipient of the message. By sending electronic message or information to S&P Global Inc. e-mail addresses you, as the sender, are consenting to S&P Global Inc. processing any of your personal data therein.