Hi,

I understand what you're saying about docker images and reverting to 1.5.3,
Mike.
However, in my case I'm NOT using Docker.

As I said, I have two different hosts and BOTH are using FreeRDP 2.4.1 (am not
using 2.10.0 as you suggest).
The 2 hosts are 2 different machines. The only software that changes is, as I
said, guacd (and Apache Tomcat to be exact, but it's still 8.5 on both).

I have NOT tried downgrading guacamole to 1.5.3.
I am using 1.4.0 on my old system and 1.5.4 on the new one.
Obviously, 1.4.0 and 1.5.3 have vulnerabilities that I want to get rid of, so
I'm eager to move to 1.5.4. However, this issue is a show stopper.

Also, while I understand that the error "Major bug, unable to allocate a TLS
value for currentThread" comes from FreeRDP, I also reported in my previous
post that all other protocols are also affected.
My telnet and ssh connections fail too, but they obviously do not use FreeRDP.
So, it seems that as soon as guacd hits the FreeRDP issue, every single
connection type (including those that do not use FreeRDP) fail.
A guacd restart makes every single connection type work again -- not just RDP.
I might be wrong, and I don't have more information to offer (my guacd 1.5.4
process was restarted and working fine for now).
However, it seems that the FreeRDP "failure" has a crippling effect on guacd
not just for RDP connections.

If I understand correctly you're saying that the 1.5.3 docker image is using a
different freeRDP version than the 1.5.4 image, and that you want people using
1.5.4 to use FreeRDP 2.10.0.
Since I don't use the docker images I have no idea which FreeRDP version 1.5.3
is using.
In any case, my 2 hosts (1.4.0 and 1.5.4) are not using FreeRDP 2.10.0, but
they ARE using the same FreeRDP version (2.4.1), but I'm seeing the same issue
as the rest of the reports on this ML.
So in my case, it's probably recommended to upgrade FreeRDP from 2.4.1 to
2.10.0 for other reasons, but I'm wondering if it's really relevant to this
issue.

I guess the only thing I can try is to rebuild my guacamole 1.5.4 setup with
FreeRDP 2.10.0 (upgrade 2.4.1 to 2.10.0), and leave my old guacamole 1.4.0 with
FreeRDP 2.4.1 untouched.

Regards,

Vieri