Hi,

I also ran into this exact issue it seems, but we're not using the
Guacamole Docker images, instead we're using custom built RPM packages
on OpenSUSE Leap 15.5 as a native systemd service.

To me this does indeed look like some kind of resource leak in guacd.

Initially everything works, but eventually guacd stops being able to
initiate new connections, and it's not limited to just one protocol,
at least both RDP and SSH are impacted.

I'm not entirely sure how forking processes interact with system
limits and how to debug this to find what resource exactly is being
leaked.

I attached to guacd with strace after encountering this state and
initiated a new RDP/SSH connection and it does appear to be failing
after a connect() but I didn't notice anything weird.

connect() goes -1 EINPROGRESS and poll, recvfrom() goes -1 EAGAIN.

There's indeed a whole bunch of eventfd2() when trying an RDP connection.

guacd logs (for RDP):
> RDP server closed/refused connection: Security negotiation failed (wrong
> security type?)

guacd logs (for SSH):