Da: Devine, Harry (FAA) <harry.dev...@faa.gov.INVALID>
Inviato: martedì 9 gennaio 2024 20:07
A: user@guacamole.apache.org
Oggetto: Issue with new install of 1.5.4

I have an Ansible playbook that installs Guacamole on a server that we specify.
 It does the installation fine, but when I try to bring up the web GUI, I get a
404 error.  I looked online and found others stating that the WAR file isn't
being found.  On our server, we have the WAR file under /etc/guacamole, then a
symbolic link to that under /var/lib/tomcat/webapps:

[root@guac-test /]#find * -name guacamole.war
etc/guacamole/guacamole.war
var/lib/tomcat/webapps/guacamole.war

[root@guac-test /]#ll /etc/guacamole/
total 13420
drwxrwxr-x. 2 tomcat tomcat      103 Jan  9 11:01 extensions
-rw-r--r--. 1 tomcat tomcat      670 Jan  9 09:45 guacamole.properties
-rw-r--r--. 1 tomcat tomcat 13734589 Jan  9 11:02 guacamole.war
drwxrwxr-x. 2 tomcat tomcat        6 Jan  9 09:45 lib

[root@guac-test /]#ll /var/lib/tomcat/webapps/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 28 Jan  9 11:02 guacamole.war ->
/etc/guacamole/guacamole.war

I didn't see any errors in /var/log/messages or the Tomcat logs, and when I run
"/etc/init.d/guacd status", I see that Guacamole is running.  What am I missing
so I can get this running, and potentially fix my Ansible role/playbook so that
future installations work for us?  For reference, we are moving our Guacamole
servers one-by-one from RHEL 7.9 to RHEL 8.9 (as new VMs) since RHEL 7.9 will
be EOL in June.

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Devine
Secure-OSE System Administrator
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Work: (609) 485-4218
FAA Cell:  (609) 612-7274
Home Office/Telework: (609) 547-3579