Harry,

It's been a while since I installed Guacamole on anything but a Debian-based system, however you appear to have done exactly as I do (the only exception is the Tomcat directory name - 'tomcat9' in my case).

So, from my perspective that part of your install should work, however I wonder if perchance you've got a proxy installed that could be getting in the way, or something else listening on that port?

FWIW, in the absence of that being the issue I'd probably start the fault-finding process by trialling tomcat with a simple index page to see if that's working properly first, then pursue the Guacamole-specific setup as needed.

Also, in case it's of use, here is my almost-guaranteed-to-work install procedure for Guacamole+Tomcat on Ubuntu 22.04. I haven't included the database-auth stuff as it doesn't seem that's an issue for you:

apt-get install build-essential autoconf libtool-bin m4 libjpeg-turbo8-dev libcairo2-dev uuid-dev libtelnet-dev libpango1.0-dev freerdp2-dev libssh2-1-dev libwebp-dev libvncserver-dev libpulse-dev libvorbis-dev libssl-dev libpng-dev

apt-get install tomcat9 tomcat9-admin tomcat9-common tomcat9-user

cd /tmp
wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/guacamole/1.5.4/source/guacamole-server-1.5.4.tar.gz
tar -zxvf guacamole-server-1.5.4.tar.gz
cd guacamole-server-1.5.4
./configure --with-init-dir=/etc/init.d
make
make install
ldconfig
cd ..
wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/guacamole/1.5.4/binary/guacamole-1.5.4.war
mkdir /etc/guacamole
cp guacamole-1.5.4.war /etc/guacamole/guacamole.war
ln -s /etc/guacamole/guacamole.war /var/lib/tomcat9/webapps/
systemctl restart tomcat9
systemctl enable guacd
systemctl start guacd