Hi there,

We have some use cases where (unfortunatelty) users are reviewing videos from a
remote machine and using Guacamole to connect. The viewing of videos is where
the problem lies. A 720p sample video viewed through Guacamole is very laggy
and the audio pops in/out. It is not reliable. During video playback, all other
mouse movements or commands are delayed on the server as well. I see on the
server side when viewing a video that a guacd process spikes to 80-100%. We are
also using Docker.

  1.  I assume Guacamole encodes the rdp and sends it as video in some way? Is
there a way to use hardware accelertation such as intel vaapi/quicksync for
this process and could it maybe help?
  2.  Is it believed Docker vs native would have any real difference in playing
and streaming a video from an RDP session?

Thank you.

Steven T. Barnhart
Solutions Engineer
The Ohio State University
OTDI Research Technology and Infrastructure
(614) 688-1013 Office