> > I believe the issue that Stephan is describing is that, when the user
> logs
> > in to Guacamole, and the remote LDAP server that is authenticating the
> user
> > logs a client IP address, it should log the IP address of the browser
> (far
> > end client) and not the IP address of the Guacamole Client (tomcat)
> system.
> > I'm just trying to get clarity from Stephan on whether this is what he's
> > actually trying to do and why.
> >
> > -Nick
>
> Yes, Nick, you are exactly on the right track here. And I am really not in
> logging question, but truely in the authentication process where I want to
> know the far end client.

After looking at this a bit more, I cannot find a way, at least in the
Apache LDAP API that we use, to configure a client IP or send any sort of a
message that will pass that information through to the client, so I'm not
sure how feasible this actually is. RADIUS uas the NAS IP designed
specifically for this type of scenario, but I'm not finding any sort of
feature similar to NAS IP that allows for this kind of messaging.