Hi Mike
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. will get back to you once i've done on the
testing you suggested

________________________________
From: Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 9:43:19 AM
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: ReverseVNC issue

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 4:05 PM, Kok Hooi Chew
<chewkokh...@gmail.com<mailto:chewkokh...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi All,

Hey Kok Hooi,

Upgraded to 0.9.11, even though the reverse vnc feels more responsive

Great! I'd be interested to hear whether things are further improved with
recent changes on master. There are changes related to the experimental X.Org
driver development (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-168) which
have been merged that have performance implications.

but still having the issues occasionally the screen is not being updated

The fact that a connection is normal VNC vs. reverse VNC is pretty opaque to
Guacamole's VNC client, with much of the difference abstracted away by the
library we use which actually implements the VNC protocol (libvncclient). There
is a difference in the way the connection is initially established, but other
than that the functions, etc. invoked/provided for the remainder of the session
are identical. I would lean toward there possibly being a bug in the handling
of reverse VNC in libvncclient, but testing that would require using some other
VNC client which also uses libvncclient.

I believe Remmina uses libvncclient as well. Could you see if the same problem
occurs there? (Assuming that your distribution shows a dependency on
libvncclient for the remmina package or its VNC plugin ... if not then this
test may be useless...)

Thanks,

- Mike