On Feb 7, 2011, at 9:02 AM, Stack wrote:

> Here is our Hadoop story for 0.90.0:
> http://hbase.apache.org/notsoquick.html#hadoop

And for someone who is new to HBase and Hadoop, those two paragraphs are
immensely confusing.  First it says you have to build your own Hadoop, and then
it says a copy of Hadoop is bundled with HBase.

The poor newbie is at a total loss.  Do I have to build my own copy of Hadoop
or not?  Can I download the latest 0.20.x Hadoop and just replace the
hadoop-core jar with the one from the HBase distribution?  And then all those
other versions get mentioned, which just makes things even more confusing.

I think this could be clearer.
joe