If you are taking the jar that we ship and slamming it in a hadoop
0.20.2 based distro that might work.  I'm not sure if there are any
differences than pure code (which would then be expressed in the jar
only), so this approach might work.

You could also check out to the revision that we built our JAR and
trying that. By default you need apache forrest (argh) and java5 to
build hadoop (ARGH) which makes it not buildable on OSX.

Building sucks, there are no short cuts. Good luck out there!
-ryan