Hi Val,

Thank you for you quick response!

>> I think you should download Hadoop Accelerator edition [1] and refer to
>> [2] for instructions on how to install it. It will plug into your
>> existing Hadoop installation and switch it to IGFS and Ignite's
>> map-reduce engine.

It is exactly what I tried to do. Ran sbin/start-dfs.sh and got this

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid URI
for NameNode address (check fs.defaultFS): igfs://igfs@localhost is not of
scheme 'hdfs'.

Found this -
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/IllegalArgumentException-Invalid-URI-for-NameNode-address-check-fs-defaultFS-igfs-igfs-localhost-is--td1978.html
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/IllegalArgumentException-Invalid-URI-for-NameNode-address-check-fs-defaultFS-igfs-igfs-localhost-is--td1978.html>

where I see again that HDFS service stops being available (which is all we
care about).

>> You can also configure HDFS as a secondary file system for IGFS [3], so
>> you don't need to preload the data to IGFS - it will act as a caching
>> layer between you application and your data. As a result, Drill
>> application should be able to work with in-memory data without any code
>> changes.

Are you implying that I might leave Hadoop as is and rather integrate IGFS
in Apache Drill instead?

Thank you once again for taking the time to share with me! Much appreciated!

Best regards,

Petar