The issue you mention doesn't seem to be related to the issue we are having
as,
- The entire grid does not lock up as in the situation described in the bug
- There are no threads blocked or locked when our key lock occurs
- The bug seems to occur on Optimistic locking whereas our scenario occurs
on Pessimistic

agura wrote
> There was a problem with incorrect transaction timeout handling [1]
> that was fixed in Ignite 1.8. It is possible that it is your case.

Another observation we had was that the key that was locked occurred on a
cache that gets loaded at startup and never changes content. The cache does
however take part in transactions in terms of cache reads (using
IgniteCache.get() )