Andrey, It has been very hard for us to reproduce this.
However, I have a question around writeSynchronizationMode. The caches we
have seen being locked from time to time and not having the key released are
in "FULL_SYNC" mode. All our other caches are also distributed but in
PRIMARY_SYNC mode.

We are having some different issues with upgrading to 1.9. We are seeing
grid stalling in 1.7 and similar in 1.9 which my co-worker would post on a
new thread. But that is holding us from upgrading.

Let us know if you think different writeSynchronizationModes would affect
key locking or could be hte cause of our issue.

Thanks,
Binti