If you’re using local SSDs, these are not durable by definition. How are
you ensuring your data survives termination of the instance, or a failure
of the underlying physical host?

*From:* David Harvey [mailto:dhar...@jobcase.com]
*Sent:* Friday, February 23, 2018 10:03 AM
*To:* user@ignite.apache.org
*Subject:* Re: Large durable caches

Using the local SSDs, which are radically faster than EBS.

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 10:34 AM, lawrencefinn <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:

I could try a different AWS instance.  Im running these tests on r4.8xlarge
boxes, which are pretty beefy and "ebs optimized".  I tried the same tests
using IO1 disks at 20,000 IOPS but still had issues.

Dave with the i3 instances, were you using the local ssds?  Or still using
EBS?

*Disclaimer*

The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in
relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
automatically archived by *Mimecast Ltd*, an innovator in Software as a
Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a *safer* and *more useful* place
for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and
compliance. To find out more Click Here <http://www.mimecast.com/products/>.