In our case, we use 1+ backups, so Ignite replicates the data to other
nodes.   My  understanding:  Ignite replicates changes at the K/V or record
level and sends them to the backup node's WAL.  The backup node may differ
per partition.   The backup node applies the changes to its storage, and
also updates the local SQL indices (which only reference records on the
local node).   Ignite persistence writes data to the SSDs in pages, so if
you change 80 bytes, it must write multiple 4K pages on the SSDs, but only
send around those 80 bytes over the network.  So you need a lot more SSD
bandwidth than network bandwidth when using Ignite persistence with backups.

-DH

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 6:52 PM, Raymond Wilson <raymond_wil...@trimble.com>
wrote:

> If you’re using local SSDs, these are not durable by definition. How are
> you ensuring your data survives termination of the instance, or a failure
> of the underlying physical host?

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service
(SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human
generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find
out more visit the Mimecast website.