That error message indicates that the size of the serialized metadata of
some tables exceed the maximum allowed size of a byte array (2GB) and
doesn't have anything to do with the size of the heap. The logs indicate a
large number of refresh tables that could trigger this kind of errors,
especially if these tables have large metadata and/or incremental stats.
You may want to see if there are any changes in the workload (e.g. more
frequent REFRESH statements than before) and if the value of the
statestore_frequency_update_ms was changed after the upgrade.