Hi  Dimitris,

         statestore_frequency_update_ms not change during the update, is 2000ms
by default. And not more frequent REFRESH statement.
         Actually we have 2 problem here:

1.       the size of the serialized metadata of some tables exceed the maximum
allowed size of a byte array (2GB). The potential reason are :

a)         Before the upgrading, the number of partitions and metadata of per
table are added day by day , but once we upgrade and restart the catalog, the
entire metadata of per table is transferred  to catalog, so this transferring
exceed the maximum allowed size of a byte array, does it make sense?

2.       The memory usage of catalog server  increase continuously , and before
the upgrade, catalog server only use 20G memory but now it reach our limit
whether the limit is 32G or 96G. So I doubt there is a memory leak or
inefficient GC

And I see the issue https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-3910, seems that
it is related to my problem, but why the memory usage of catalog server
increase continuously after upgrading.
Thanks

Songbo