How can we do continuous delivery with Apache Karaf?

Specifically, lets say I have a service hosted in Karaf deployed in
production and the service feature is version 1.0 but I wish to upgrade to
version 1.1.  I release 1.1 to a nexus repo making the artifacts available
for consumption in Karaf. How do we upgrade our current version (1.0) to
1.1?

Are KARs and / or EBAs the answer?

Will we be able to upgrade to a newer version of the KAR or EBA without
conflicts?

Also, when using KARs and EBAs can we deploy from Nexus or are we limited to
writing the KAR or EBA to the deploy directory?

Thanks.

-Mike-