Hello,

I'm trying to run Karaf "hosted" within a larger application and just can't
work my way around the class-loading issues with the embedded Log4J classes
in the PAX Logging implementation.

Let me take that back, I "can" work around them, but this whole OSGI layer
is being implemented as a plugin to a larger application. So I have no
control to let classes be added to the bootstrap classloader and import them
into the OSGI instance.

Earlier this year I tried removing PAX and using the simple Felix Log
Service. I found several areas where Karaf was dependent on PAX logging
being in place.

So my question I guess is, Is there any interest in having Karaf be agnostic
to Log Service implementation? Any idea how large of a task this would be? I
don't mind contributing back, but at this point I'm very close to moving
back to raw Felix.