The main problem I see with logback is that there's no properties based
configuration for logback.
That's a real problem imho because we would not be able to leverage the OSGi
ConfigAdmin which is a key point in order to have a clean interaction point
with all configurations.   If you are aware of anything that would look like
a properties based configurator for logback, things may changed.

That's said, I've still haven't heard any real reasons to swtich to logback.
 The version of log4j that is embedded in pax-logging has been enhanced to
fix some over synchronization problem (leading to performance issues) and
also to add the features that were needed (like a split appender, etc...).

What need do you have for logback ?