Hi Raj,

it's not exact:

- Karaf uses Pax URL which leverage Maven. It's able to use a settings.xml.
- all URL (for instance, contained in org.apache.karaf.features.cfg file) are resolved by Pax URL.
- org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg defines the default repositories set

So, configuration like proxy could be defined in org.ops4J.pax.url.mvn.cfg and in settings.xml.