I figured out that i added my logging stuff too late.: As a bundle
dependency in the assembly with a startup level which is too high (30)
which results in a restart of the logging system. Anyway after creating an
additional feature with start level 8 and adding it to startupFeatures i am
pretty close to a solution.

But i get
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.karaf.tooling:karaf-maven-plugin:4.4.6:assembly
(default-assembly) on project rahla: Unable to build assembly: Unable to
resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity;
osgi.identity=rahla.logging; type=karaf.feature; version=1.0.16.SNAPSHOT;
filter:="(&(osgi.identity=rahla.logging)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.0.16.SNAPSHOT))"
[caused by: Unable to resolve rahla.logging/1.0.16.SNAPSHOT: missing
requirement [rahla.logging/1.0.16.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity;
osgi.identity=org.agrona.core; type=osgi.bundle; version="[1.12.0,1.12.0]";
resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.agrona.core/1.12.0:
missing requirement [org.agrona.core/1.12.0] osgi.wiring.package;
filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=sun.nio.ch)"]]

I am currently digging through the source code to see if I can
change org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra during execution of the
plugin? Or does anyone know a better solution?

br,
Matthias