Hi,

As you have explained the importance of the partition and data split for
time series data retrieval, I have below query or limitation at this moment
for implementing one of our use case.

For date time data, in kudu we use Timestamp datatype and obviously we can
do the partitioning on it. But, if we need to fetch the timestamp based
data from Impala for adhoc analysis it gives us an error like the
integration in Impala is missing and I guess you will be implementing
it in Kimpala
merge.

Q: Can I fetch the kudu Timestamp data from Tableu/Pentaho for reporting
and analytics purpose or I need Int64 datatype only.

Q: Are you going to provide the Kimpala merge or kudu timestamp support in
Impala/Tableu in near future.

Q: At this moment, instead of Timestamp we are using Int64 type in kudu,
will it be equally helpful for performance, if we use the partition and
split by explanation given for timestamp datatype? e.g. can we get a better
performance for a composite key on a given kudu table defined as
'metric(s),Int64(has timestamp data) and with a partition on Int64 column
with Split by clause?

Thanks,
Amit

--
Thanks & Regards,

*Amit Adhau* | Data Architect

*GLOBANT* | IND:+91 9821518132

[image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/Globant>

[image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/globant>

[image: Youtube] <http://www.youtube.com/Globant>

[image: Linkedin] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/globant>

[image: Pinterest] <http://pinterest.com/globant/>

[image: Globant] <http://www.globant.com/>

--

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential. It has been
sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this

La información contenida en este mensaje puede ser confidencial. Ha sido
enviada para el uso exclusivo del destinatario(s) previsto. Si el lector de
este mensaje no fuera el destinatario previsto, por el presente queda Ud.
notificado que cualquier lectura, uso, publicación, diseminación,
distribución o copiado de esta comunicación o su contenido está
estrictamente prohibido. En caso de que Ud. hubiera recibido este mensaje
por error le agradeceremos notificarnos por e-mail inmediatamente y
eliminarlo de su sistema. Muchas gracias.