I want to add that the IndexService interface can be found here:
https://svn.neo4j.org/components/index-util/trunk/src/main/java/org/neo4j/util/index/IndexService.java

It's simple to use.

/anders

Anders Nawroth skrev:
Hi!

In my process, when I start to build the relationships among the nodes, I just know the value of an identifier property of the nodes, that is I do not have the Node instance at that moment. Thus, how can I find and get the Node which has an specific value for a property?

You need to index the nodes on the property value(s).
There is an indexing utilities component you can use:
http://components.neo4j.org/index-util/

There's an example application for IMDB data I'm documenting right now.
code:
https://trac.neo4j.org/browser/laboratory/users/andersn/imdb-app
https://svn.neo4j.org/laboratory/users/andersn/imdb-app/

Have a look at these files:
https://svn.neo4j.org/laboratory/users/andersn/imdb-app/src/main/java/org/neo4j/apps/imdb/parser/InjectImdbData.java https://svn.neo4j.org/laboratory/users/andersn/imdb-app/src/main/java/org/neo4j/apps/imdb/parser/ExampleImdbReader.java https://svn.neo4j.org/laboratory/users/andersn/imdb-app/src/main/java/org/neo4j/apps/imdb/domain/ImdbServiceImpl.java

The documentation of the example is found here:
http://wiki.neo4j.org/content/IMDB_Workshop
It's only fragments right now, but expect it to evolve a lot next week!

Is it ok? Is there a better way to get an specific node?

Indexing is much better, I think :-)

/anders