Hi Michael,

the problem is that currently nodoby is maintaining the fpgrowth code anymore or working on documentation for it, that's why we consider it to be a candidate for removal. I don't see much value in keeping algorithms in the codebase if nobody is maintaining them, answering questions and providing documentation. If someone opposes here who has that code in production, that could be a reason to retain it however.

People wanting to use the code in the future can always download Mahout 0.9 which has the current implementation.

--sebastian