Thanks Scott,

You are correct- in fact we're going even further now, that you can do
native optimization regardless of the architecture with native-solvers.

Do you or anyone more familiar with the history of the website know
anything about the origins/uses of this:
https://mahout.apache.org/images/Mahout-logo-245x300.png
It seems to be a green mahout logo.

Also Scott, or anyone lurking who may be able to help.  As part of the
website reboot I've included a "history" page and would really apppreciate
some help capturing that from first person sources if possible. Ive put in
some headers but those are only directional:

https://github.com/rawkintrevo/mahout/blob/website/website/front/community/history.md

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*