Check for Marathon
On 07 Oct 2015, at 09:56, Brian Candler
<b.cand...@pobox.com<mailto:b.cand...@pobox.com>> wrote:

Are there any open-source job queue/batch systems which run under Mesos? I am
thinking of things like HTCondor, Torque etc.

The requirement is to be able to:
- define an overall job as a set of sub-tasks (could be many thousands)
- put sub-tasks into a queue; execute tasks from the queue
- dependencies: don't add a sub-task into the queue until its precursors have
completed successfully
- restart: after an error, be able to restart the job but skipping those
sub-tasks which completed successfully
- preferably handle short-lived tasks efficiently (of order of 10 seconds
duration)

Clearly it's possible to write a framework to do this, but I don't want to
re-invent the wheel if it has been done already.

Thanks,

Brian.

P.S. I found Chronos, but it doesn't seem a good match. As far as I can see,
it's intended for applications where you pre-define a bunch of tasks (via GUI?
via REST?) and then trigger them periodically.

Nikolaos Ballas  |  Software Development Manager

Technology Nexus S.a.r.l.
2-4 Rue Eugene Rupert
2453 Luxembourg
Delivery address: 2-3 Rue Eugene Rupert,Vertigo Polaris Building
Tel: + 3522619113580
cont...@nexusgroup.com<mailto:contact...@nexusgroup.com> |
nexusgroup.com<http://www.nexusgroup.com/>
LinkedIn.com<http://www.linkedin.com/company/nexus-technology> |