I am also interested in something like this, although my requirements are much more simpler.

I am interested in a work queue like beanstalkd that will allow me to push to a queue from a web app and have workers to do things like send emails, generate pdfs and resize images.

I have thought about running a beanstalkd in a container, but it has some limitations. For example, if it crashes, it needs to be relaunched manually to recover the binlog (which is a no go).

Another option I can think of is to use kafka (which has a mesos framework) and have the web app and other parts push jobs into the kafka broker. Workers listening on the broker would pop each job off and execute whatever needs to be done.

However, there seems to be a lot of wheel-reinventing what that solution. For example, what if a job depends on another job? There's also a lot of work that needs to be done at a lower level when all I am interested in is to write domain specific code to generate the pdf, resize the image etc.

If there's a work queue solution for mesos, I would love to know too.