I'm confused do roles need to be configured on masters and slaves or just
slaves?

The docs says --roles has been deprecated on mesos-master but doesn't state an
alternate method.

on my slaves i'm using default_role='sparkr' and in marathon I've added
--mesos_role=sparkr however I'm not able to get any tasks to run on this
server do I need to set it on the masters also ?

Please advise thanks.

\--RB

\--

**Rodrick Brown** / Systems Engineer

+1 917 445 6839 /
[rodr...@orchardplatform.com](mailto:char...@orchardplatform.com)

**Orchard Platform**

101 5th Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10003

[http://www.orchardplatform.com](http://www.orchardplatform.com/)

[Orchard Blog](http://www.orchardplatform.com/blog/) | [Marketplace Lending
Meetup](http://www.meetup.com/Peer-to-Peer-Lending-P2P/)

--
*NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS*: This communication is confidential and intended for
the use of the addressee only. If you are not an intended recipient of this
communication, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return
email. Unauthorized reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is prohibited. This communication does not constitute an
offer to sell or a solicitation of an indication of interest to purchase
any loan, security or any other financial product or instrument, nor is it
an offer to sell or a solicitation of an indication of interest to purchase
any products or services to any persons who are prohibited from receiving
such information under applicable law. The contents of this communication
may not be accurate or complete and are subject to change without notice.
As such, Orchard App, Inc. (including its subsidiaries and affiliates,
"Orchard") makes no representation regarding the accuracy or completeness
of the information contained herein. The intended recipient is advised to
consult its own professional advisors, including those specializing in
legal, tax and accounting matters. Orchard does not provide legal, tax or
accounting advice.