I'm actually using Ubuntu to configure it all so that is not the issue

Example: the copy resources command- I'm already in the Solr home folder so
the command would be cp -r solr-7.4.0 /server/../../../ in terminal?

Where I see {APACHE_SOLR_HOME} or {APACHE_NUTCH_HOME} I'm suppose to say
solr-7.4.0 or nutch-1.15 in the command line in place of these?

I copy and paste what I see and I get a kickback..Im just  trying to figure
out what are the proper commands to place in terminal to get both connected
and the core to run properly.  Thanks again for all your help..it's greatly
appreciated 😊

Timeka