On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Christian Geisert <
christian.geis...@isu-gmbh.de> wrote:

> My proposal is to release 14.12 ASAP, after that dropping 13.07 and then
> trying to do a release 16.x with Gradle. And a release of 15.12in
> between wouldn't be bad either ;)

Thank you Christian.
Your proposal makes sense but the problem is that we will not be able to
release (14.12, 15.12 etc...) until we have removed all the jars from the
distribution, and implementing this in the branches will require some
layout changes that will bring instability: the releases will be delayed
regardless and if we want to implement two different mechanisms for
downloading the jars for 14.12 vs the trunk and 16.x etc... than the
codebases will become rather different and more difficult to maintain; and
the extra effort will have to be backed up by the interested users. We have
to consider these aspects and do a reality check on resources before moving
in any direction.

Jacopo