I'm not sure what I was using in May. Other that some stuff at the end (and I forgot to make new notes) my rundown worked a couple weeks to get 13.07.03 up and going on my laptop. 16.11.01 on that same laptop though, no love.

I'm on Mint (Ubuntu, essentially) but used the Debian stuff for the 13.x.x installs. Tried both Ubuntu and Debian on the 16.

I thought I'd have this weekend to play with it. Maybe next weekend. I want to start on a fresh box.