I guess it's best to look at the POS data when they were still existing, eg

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release15.12/specialpurpose/pos/data/DemoRetail.xml

You might also need tp look into

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release15.12/specialpurpose/pos/data
 globally...

HTH

Jacques

Le 08/04/2017 à 21:48, stim...@comcast.net a écrit :
Hi,
Before I file the JIRA bug report, I want to check one more time about any ideas anyone might have on the particular blocker in the chain of requirements resulting in "Inventory Facility Id Required". This is currently at the root of the chain of details blocking WebPOS. In summary, I have not been able to figure out how to create an asset which is a facility producing "Inventory Facility Id". Neither asset nor facility applications seem to have a way of doing this. Does anyone have any last suggestion on something to try before filing the JIRA report? Thanks! ----- Original Message -----From: Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilame...@gmail.com>To: user@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Sat, 08 Apr 2017 16:34:21 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: WebPOS Setup

It's up to you, but I would suggest to make it a comprehensive JIRA thataddresses all of
your concerns, so maybe call it "unable to use WebPOS dueto missing data" if
you like.

If that proves to be too big, we can always create sub tasks. It would becool
to get this thing working properly.

On Apr 8, 2017 7:28 PM, <stim...@comcast.net> wrote:

Hi,>> Yes, this is how the problem started, and the end goal, to add a terminal> so WebPOS can be logged in to.>> However, this also exposed a chain of issues with no ability to enter data> through a standard mechanism while trying to create a retail store via> "Catalog Manager->Stores, click New Product Store" (a terminal for WebPOS> was the proverbial tip of the iceberg). You can't add the WebPOS until you> have a terminal, and you can't add a terminal until you have a store, and> you can't add a store until you have solved "Inventory Facility Id> Required"...and there appears to be no way to add an> asset/property/real-estate/facility which can be set up to have an> Inventory Facility Id, so the store can't be added.>> Should I add a JIRA bug based on the entire chain of missing requirements> leading up to the inability to log in to WebPOS?>> Thanks!>> ----- Original Message -----From: Taher Alkhateeb <> slidingfilame...@gmail.com>To: user@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Sat, 08 Apr> 2017 09:16:21 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: WebPOS Setup>> Hello,>> Okay so it seems so far like the problem you are facing is simply> yourinability to use the WebPOS application because there are no> terminalsdefined. Is this correct?>> If yes, then this is mostly likely just some missing
seed / demo data> thatwe should add to the WebPOS component. I suggest to create a JIRA for> thisand we can tackle this issue over there to resolve it permanently.>> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 11:36 PM, <stim...@comcast.net> wrote:>> > Hi,>> I did try readers of both seed and seed-initial, this does not> seem to> have changed anything.>> So...how was the retail store in the> sample data added? Was the building> itself added by XML file edit/import> (I don't see how asset management can> be used to do this...loosely> speaking one could add real estate or> property, but I've not found any way> to mark that asset as a facility to> create a required facilityId)? For> OOTB, is this only possible through XML> edits? I could see this as> possible if the demo data were inherited from a> prior release and actual> interface was not used to initially load the data.>> Thanks!>> -----> Original Message -----From: Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>To:>> user@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Fri, 07 Apr 2017 09:09:35 -0000 (UTC)Subject:>> Re: WebPOS Setup>> Hi Dan,>> Thank you for taking the time to write your> experiences down and> postingthem here. I feel confident that members of> this community can> findimprovement points to make OFBiz better.>> While
it> may create confusion, the Facility Management component> isn'tpurely about> managing facilities (as inhttps://en.wikipedia.org/>> wiki/Facility_management) but more aboutwarehousing (inventory/stock>> control, receiving and shipping goods).>> The Asset Maint component seems> (to me) the logical place to creating> newfacilities, as they may be> closely linked to fixed assets (buildings,> etc).As in associations between> the FixedAsset (the building) and facility> (theoffice, the warehouse,> etc). How unfortunate that it isn't in OOTB.>> Best regards,>>>> Pierre> Smits>> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>OFBiz based solutions &> services>> OFBiz Extensions Marketplacehttp://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/>> On> Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 6:05 AM, Taher Alkhateeb <> slidingfilame...@gmail.com> >wrote:>> > Hi>> I'm not sure if this would help, but the readers has> only seed> data,> perhaps adding seed-initial might solve some problems?>>> > On Apr 7,> 2017, at 12:28 AM, stim...@comcast.net wrote:> >> > Hi,> >>> > Thought I'd> summarize with some specific steps since I've made> progress,> but still> fail (writing down to explain to others might help me> catch my> own> mistakes too).>
>> > Problem: I need WebPOS to work on a> brand new install> using my own> hand-entered data for a real retail store> (versus demo data).> WebPOS login> page can be reached, but login cannot> occur because there are> no terminals.> Apparently terminals cannot be> added until there is a retail> store.> Creating the retail store and> associating terminals is failing.> >>> > The explicit steps:> >> > I drop> the PostgreSQL DBs (to clear old data),> recreate them, then run:> >> ./gradlew 'ofbiz --load-data readers=seed'> >>> > I then create "admin"> user via:> > ./gradlew loadAdminUserLogin> -PuserLoginId=admin> >> > Start> ofbiz:> > ./gradlew ofbiz> >> > Under the> setup app I create Company> (requires admin password update> first, Party Id> "Company" created by> manually typing in info of a real> company):> >> https://localhost:8443/> ofbizsetup/control/initialsetup> >> > Go to> Catalog Manager->Stores,> click New Product Store. "Primary Store> Group Id"> can't be selected or> entered ("Not Applicable [_NA_]" is all that> is> there), the drop-down is> empty other than "Not Applicable" (so I pick> Not>
Applicable). Set Store> Name to "Main Store". It isn't a demo store, and> I> don't know what the> effect is, but I pick drop-down of "Is Demo Store" as>> "N". Everything> else is unmodified and default. Click Update. Error> rejects> adding the> store: "Inventory Facility Id Required".> >> > Summary> 1: Store cannot be> added via Catalog Manager until an Inventory> Facility> Id is created.> >>> > I switch now to Applications->Facility Manager. "Main"> or "Facilities">> is only for searching, not for adding a Facility. This is> where the prior>> email reply mentions to do this under Asset Management,> but Asset>> Management->Facility is also only for searching, not for> creating a>> Facility. Perhaps it is a Fixed Asset?> >> > Summary 2: The> required> Facility Id of Summary 1 cannot be added under>> Applications->Facility> Manager. Asset Management->Facility is also a> search> mechanism, and> cannot be used to add the required facility.> >> >> Under Fixed Asset I can> click "New Fixed Asset". Is it "Real Estate",>> "Property", or "Other"?> Real Estate is chosen since it is most descriptive>>
(Property might be a> tract of land, Real Estate is more specific since it>> implies a building> on the land). When I get to RoleType ID I am convinced>> this is not the> correct place to create a facility.> >> > Summary 3: I can> add a new fixed> asset, but it does not seem to give me> a Facility Id.> Perhaps I missed a> detail.> >> > Under Applications->Facility> Manager->Facility Groups I can> click "New> Group". The only part I can> logically add is Facility Group> Name, and I add> "Retail Facility" in that> text entry box. This fails.> Although nothing is> marked as mandatory,> submitting this requires a> currently missing> parameter,> "createFacilityGroup.facilityGroupTypeId".> I don't really know> if the> Facility type is Management Structure, or if> it is Pricing Group,> but it> seems Management Structure is more logical> for a structure serving a>> store...I pick this. It works, I now have a> Management Structure with>> Facility Group Name "Retail Facility". I don't> have a Facility Id.> >> >> Summary 4: I can add a Facility Group, but I'm> unsure how to use this to>> create a Facility. I don't believe this is the> right approach.> >> > I'm>
now at a loss as to how to add a Facility since> I've only found how> to> edit a facility which already exists in Asset> Manager; Facility Manger> is> definitely the wrong place. If Asset Manager> can add a facility and>> produce a Facility Id, how is this done? Do I need> to think of my Retail>> Store as a Fixed Asset of type Real Estate?> >> >> Thanks!>>>