Hi Paul,

Thanks for you reply.

At least in the r1720900 (and overall OFBiz) appears to be using the
product_weight other than the recalculate shipping total service where it
use shipping_weight. I would be interested to know why we use
product_weight in one place and shipping_weight in other. Is it a bug or I
completely overlooking something?

Ok, understood the shipping weight and how it may be typically factored in
the calculate shipping cost but my question is in general is about the
shipping_weight on the product. In your scenario of 12, 420g cans of soup,
how would you know the shipping_weight on the product? Well, do you mean if
the package weight for 12 cans is 1200g, you would use 420g+100g to define
the shipping_weight on the product? An order quantity of 6 cans may be
using lets say 500g of package weight (and not 600g), how could we enter
this on the product as it may always be variable? There is this logic to
split the number of units into different packages based on the max weight
etc. So in general, I am not sure what is the purpose of shipping_weight on
the product.

Regards
Vikas