I am sorry I had subscribed, but the question did not appear on the web
interface. So I logged into the web interface with my Google account, which has
a different email address than the one I used to subscribe before. I tried to
subscribe with that email address now too, but that did not work somehow.

I am using OFBiz version 17.12.01.

In the meantime I found that the problem was caused by the file
"ofbiz\plugins\ofbizDemo\config\OfbizDemoUiLabels.xml" This contains lines like:
<value xml:lang="zh">OfbizDemo应用程�</value>
<value xml:lang="zh-TW">OfbizDemo應用程�</value>

I do not have the language "zh" installed so I think this caused the problem.