Hello Tom,

There are pros and cons for both configurations
1) performance of single standalone OM server without proxy should be better
BUT
2) performance of multiple clustered OM servers behind single should be
better
3) proxy might work as additional security layer (if correctly configured
:))

According to search, all links are here:
http://openmeetings.apache.org/mail-lists.html
I'm using http://openmeetings.markmail.org/ for searching