Just tested on the demo server and getting the same results of requiring needing to have a WB tab open.

If you enter a room that does not have a WB "tab" open, then you can not enable audio or video.  You can click on the icons and it says they are enabled but you will not get the "pop up" box previously talked about (see 1st image).

If the room already has a WB tab open then all works as expected, it is just if you enter a room when no WB tab open, then it doesn't work.

Looks like this is only the case if you have not "hidden" the WB element in the room settings.  If you hide that element, then it works as expected.  With WB element not hidden then you must have a WB tab open prior to clicking on the mic/cam functions to have the ability to broadcast audio/video.

I figured that was the reasoning on the pop out boxes as there was no other way to control the "audio" of the user.  The minimize function is the best part and I normally minimize then and move them to the top of the screen.  If you move them too far down then you will create a vertical slide bar  as it tries to extend the area for the volume slider extension when selected.  Can those elements be relocated to the users section in their name; or create a new collapsible area (like the activities area) where you place each individuals audio/video breakout box without too much code revision?  The new collapsible area would be ideal as that would not allow each box to cover up the WB area if it is being used. BBB does it in the fashion of the collapsible window along the width of the bottom of the screen for the users using cam, not sure how they handle the audio volume controls as those do not use breakout boxes and my use with that is very limited.

Not a must have, but just a thought on future release possibilities

Thank you for your time.