I agree with JMS and there is interest from the PMC, but no bandwidth to do
the work - we’d look toward others like you to do the work of putting
together an initial pull request, regular pulls to keep things in sync,
RMing releases, etc. These types of contributions would earn merit toward a
committership and eventual nomination for PMC (that’s how the ASF works).
The files would of course be hosted on Apache infrastructure (just like our
current releases and repos).