Jenna,

Glad to hear you got PredictionIO running on Heroku.

The PIO engine & eventserver need to be live, reachable on the internet so that
a front-end web app can access them. Ideally all microservices (engine,
evenserver, web app) are deployed to the same cloud provider & region so that
backend HTTP & database/Postgres communication are low-latency. While it is
technically feasible to have the services running in different places, that
will only degrade reliability & responsiveness of the integrated application.

*Mars