What is your exact set of requirements for algo trading? Is it react in
real-time or analysis over longer time? In the first case, I do not think a
framework such as Spark or Flink makes sense. They are generic, but in order to
compete with other usually custom developed highly - specialized engines in a
low level language you need something else.