Scala and Python have their advantages and disadvantages with Spark.  In my
experience with performance is super important you’ll end up needing to do
some of your work in the JVM, but in many situations what matters work is
what your team and company are familiar with and the ecosystem of tooling
for your domain.

Since that can change so much between people and projects I think arguing
about the one true language is likely to be unproductive.

We’re all here because we want Spark and more broadly open source data
tooling to succeed — let’s keep that in mind. There is far too much stress
in the world, and I know I’ve sometimes used word choices I regret
especially this year. Let’s all take the weekend to do something we enjoy
away from Spark :)