I don't understand exactly why you are doing the redirect? Why not just set the input attribute to be the page you are redirecting to ... then Struts will forward to it when validation fails.

Axel Seinsche wrote:
Hi all,

in my struts application I have 4 forms which have to be filled to store an item in
the database. All 4 forms are inherited from one abstract form class. As form 3
depends on data from 1 I didn't find a better solution, but it works.

The problem is the following. When I submit form 4 I can do the complete validation. The
ActionErrors are filled correctly, but I return back to Form 4 (of course). I then did a
<logic:messagesPresent> and inside a redirect to page where the error is. The redirect
works fine, but the errors get lost on this redirect. Can I somehow preserve my errors when
redirecting or can I do this without a redirect. As the ActionClass isn't called I can't
call a mapping.findForward() or something like this. I tried to put the errors object in the
request scope before doing the redirect but it's not stored - even the session scope didn't
work. But that was just a try, I don't want my errors to be in the session scope. I hope
someone can enlighten me. :-)

Regards,

Axel