The fastest approach would be to disable struts encoding when displaying
them (you can see docs of <s:property />). But I would rather suggest to
figure out where that encoding comes from. You might use browser dev tools
to see how the browser submits it. Then you can use a debugger or logging
to show them in the struts action and in your data layer. When you know
where that encoding takes place you can search for ways to disable it.

In our apps we enable UTF-8 encoding in application server settings an in
the database to avoid such issues.

regards,
Christoph