I have mathematical symbols e.g. *alfa*, *beta*,*mu* . When I copy these
symbols in text area they are getting copied. I am copying them from word
document. When I insert them into the database using prepared statement the
symbols are getting inserted as code. for example the *alfa* is getting
stored asβ. This is fine I guess. But when I retrieve them from the
database using java.sq.Statement and displaying them in the html page they
are getting displayed as code instead of symbol. I mean "β" is
displayed in html instead displaying alfa symbol. So how to deal with this
situation? how can I store symbols and display them properly in html?

I am using mysql database, java1.7,struts2.0 and tomcat7.
*Thanks and Regards,*
Muralidhar Yaragalla.

*http://yaragalla.blogspot.in/ <http://yaragalla.blogspot.in/>*