MG>follow the example to the letter

> From: zy...@hotmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: RE: <sj:autocompleter> dependable
> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:21:13 -0400
>
> I tried doing this  onSelectTopics of first autocompleter to select value of
> the second autocompleter but didn't work. Any suggessions?
>
> First autocompleter
> <sj:autocompleter
> onChangeTopics="publisherDescChange"
> onSelectTopics="publisherDescSelect"
> />
>
MG> <!-- handle publisherDescChange first with subscribe statement below -->
$.subscribe('publisherDescChange', function(event, data) {
        var ui = event.originalEvent.ui;
        var message = ui.item.value;
        if(ui.item.key) {
                message = '( '+ ui.item.key +' ) '+message;
        }
                $('#topics').html('<b>'+message+'</b>');
        });>

MG><!-- handle publisherDescSelect  with subscribe statement below -->
$.subscribe('publisherDescSelect', function(event, data) {
        var ui = event.originalEvent.ui;
        var message = ui.item.value;
        if(ui.item.key) {
                message = '( '+ ui.item.key +' ) '+message;
        }
                $('#topics').html('<i>'+message+'</i>');
        });

http://struts.jgeppert.com/struts2-jquery-showcase/autocompleter-json.action;jsessionid=CE13A626C1A38AC66A47344D139993DE

MG>Now when you select the list is the javascript function for second
subscribe('publisherDescSelect' ... called ?
MG>Now when you change the list is the javascript function for first
subscribe('publisherDescChange' ... called ?