Claude,

On 10/14/17 6:16 PM, Claude Brisson wrote:
> Chris, after you raised this issue I commited a fix in the tools trunk, see
>
>   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1806598
>
> It sets the default delimiter to the empty string in the default
> tools.xml for the ParameterParser and fixes the code so that it does
> work. It's backward compatible since the empty string wasn't functional
> before. Sorry I didn't react on the list.

I think this may be a problem, though, since many may rely on the
previous-default which was "," and now the default is "".

Unfortunately, I think you should probably go back to comma as default,
unless this is expected to be for a major velocity-tools release.

Thanks,
-chris

>> Nathan,
>>
>> (Apologies for the late reply.)
>>
>> On 8/22/17 10:58 AM, Nathan Bubna wrote:
>>> Yeah, that's not ideal. You can configure the string delimiter in
>>> your tool
>>> config. But this seems like surprising behavior for a ParameterTool to
>>> have. The dangers of inheritance, i think. ConversionTool and