This is a more powerful idea than it looks like at first glance.

The reason is that there is often a highly non-linear and adverse impact to
response time due to higher load.  I have never been able to properly
account for this using queuing models in a system that is not swapping, but
it is definitely real.

If your rebooting processes simply wait between 0 and 5 seconds, your
problems are likely to be much better.